Organisational Change Management (OCM) is centered on creating a premium user experience and optimising the interaction end users have while incorporating new technologies into their daily work practices. Carefully aligned with our Project Management methodology, recommends that end-user change is an emphasised and parallel activity catered for during project planning.
Our Organisational Change Management consultants, who lead our Adoption and Business Change practices, will work with a customer’s key internal stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of the customer’s change history (previous successes and obstacles), review internal lessons learned on previous technological deployments or any other pertinent change projects which could influence the successful adoption of Services. We aim to overcome resistance and build acceptance of Services, assisting in increasing adoption rates amongst users.
What is your organisations digital appetite?
- Work with the client organisation to identify technology journey
- Survey end users to identify current working habits, technological gaps in process, wants & needs, pain points, technical proficiency
- Identify user profiles - Understand a day in the work life of all users and their interaction with technology, look for points of improvement and leverage communications and trainings and build an overall journey
- Bring the clients as well as end users on a journey and feed into an adoption approach
This process will map out the digital journey of our client organisations, identifying their current “As Is” environment and identifying the users and key stakeholders desired “To Be” vision. This approach engages end users early and brings them into the conversation to assist with overall “buy-in” to the project/initiative. The development of user persona and use cases assist in the overall approach allowing for a closer investigation of the user base and the technical environment of the client organisation, allowing Arkadin to map the clients technical and end user journey, based on real life requirements and feedback from the users themselves.
This process limits future cultural resistance to change by engaging end users and or stakeholders “too late” in the project piece. It provides an overview of the current technical landscape within a client organisation, how this is utilised today and what gaps may still be experienced by users in the current environment.
Is your business ready for a change?
- Assess the readiness of the client business to receive Arkadin services
- Understand the key benefits expected from the implementation of Arkadin services – what is the clients vision for this technology?
- Understand the clients change history, previous successes and any challenges/resistance points (technical or user) which may have impacted previous implementations.
- Identify any relevant interdependencies which may affect, constrain, block or influence the outcome(s) of the change
- Undertake a formal stakeholder engagement assessment to ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged and have relevant buy-in to the project
The Business Readiness engagement seeks to evaluate the overall business readiness for our clients to be able to successfully on-board Arkadin technologies and maximise user acceptance and adoption. Arkadin’s Change Managers will be able to provide strategies and a detailed plan of how Arkadin recommends our clients prepare for a large scale change in order to overcome any acknowledged points of resistance and ensure that they have been recognised by the appropriate stakeholders, mitigated, documented, planned for and agreed upon, prior to the initiation of the project. It will also assist Arkadin to map benefits realisation and ultimately evaluate Return on Investment.