Client communications from our CEO, Mark Alexander
We are facing unprecedented times with the current global health crisis having a significant impact on how we live and work.
Our primary concern is the health, safety and well-being of our customers, partners and employees. Furthermore, we are very focused on ensuring that our clients are supported and enabled to continue business and deliver on their commitments.
Business continuity is vital during times of disruption
Business continuity depends on being able to communicate with all your stakeholders: your employees and clients, your partners and suppliers. Due to the unique nature of today’s situation, we are seeing an enormous spike in the demand for conferencing, unified communications and digital event as our clients globally increase the implementation of dispersed workforce strategies.
In order to maintain the high level of service that you are used to, we have:
- Detailed and continuous capacity management ensuring that while traffic is significantly up globally, almost without exception we have been able to accommodate the increased demand and we continue to be ready to take action as necessary. My senior management team and I are currently meeting daily so that we can immediately act to further increase infrastructure capacity as needed. In instances where we need to support increased customer activities, we are actively recruiting operational and support staff and ramping up training to meet the demand.
- Closely aligned with all carriers, vendors and partners to ensure they have incremental capacity to handle any increased volume.
- Implemented clear business continuity measures for our employees, ensuring their well-being. These include office closures and work-from-home measures; travel bans; and minimising face-to-face client meetings when applicable. We have also been running extra tests/validation on our employees’ working from home capabilities to ensure no disruption to service.
Keeping your team connected
In these challenging times, implementing remote working and changing the daily routine of your workforce can be daunting. Here are some hints and tips you and your organization could take into consideration to ensure you get the most out of our services and reduce the impact on your infrastructure:
- Organize meetings ‘off’ the hour or outside of high capacity times; most of us organize meetings at the top of the hour between 9am and 5pm. These are obviously high capacity times. By moving your meetings to either fifteen or thirty minutes past the hour, or outside of these times, you will help spread the overall load.
- Use alternate access methods, for example VoIP, Dial in toll free, Dial in toll: “Call in”, Call-me feature are options with our solutions. Liaise with your CSM if you require more information
- Video vs. Audio and Web-only.
If you notice any latency over your remote internet connection, try turning your video off.
- When scheduling Events, consider scheduling a Webcast or even an audio-only Webcast for participants to join via the Internet instead of using the PSTN.
- For very large events (greater than 1,000 attendees), it is important to coordinate as early as possible with the Events teams to ensure that we meet your capacity needs.
For more information about what to consider, you can also download our free ebook The remote opportunity that’s close at hand’.
As the situation evolves, our team is committed to acting in the best interest of our customers, partners and employees. However, in exceptional times we do need to support each other. Therefore, we would ask that you notify us if you make any changes to your business operations that could lead to an increased demand of our services. For example, if your business decides to enforce a mandatory work-from-home strategy or would like to significantly increases its use of virtual events, please contact your Customer Success Manager, our Service Desk, or via our website.
If you believe you are experiencing any difficulties, you can monitor our service status.
By working together, we will continue to provide excellent service to all our users.
We look forward to working together with you in keeping our connected world safe.
Cloud Communications, NTT Ltd.